1/200 scale die-cast metal with minimal use of plastic.
All markings are tampo (pad) applied, no decals to discolor or flake.
Rolling rubber wheels.
Landing gear can be removed or added.
Model comes with a display stand.
A brief history of the aircraft type and the airline is supplied with each model.
The Dutch aircraft manufacturer Fokker developed the 32 seat turboprop F.27 Friendship to
replace the DC-3. In 1956 Fokker licensed U.S. manufacturer Fairchild to produce the F.27.
In April 1958 the Fairchild F.27 flew and in November 1958 the first Fokker produced F.27-
100 was delivered to Aer Lingus. In November 1967 the F.27-500 (FH.227 in the U.S.) first
flew. The 500 was a stretched version and the most numerous with 123 being produced.
When production ended in 1987 there were 586 Fokker and 207 Fairchild aircraft built.
The first production Fokker F27-100 Friendship c/n 10105 was delivered to Aer Lingus as EI-
AKA St. Fintan on November 19, 1958. In June 1966 the aircraft was sold and in 2004 the
aircraft was bought by the Dutch Fokker Heritage Flight and registered as PH-FHF. They
named it Anthony G. Fokker and painted it in the livery of NLM (Netherlands Airline
Company) the predecessor of KLM Cityhopper. It was used for sightseeing flights but in
2008 had its airworthiness certificate revoked and is on display at Aviodrome Lelystadt.