Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
Series FSX STEAM
Category Flight Simulation
Subcategory Steam Edition Aircraft
Availability In stock
This product was added to our database on Thursday 26 September 2019.
Your reliable Aviation Gift Source since 1989
This product is available for download immediately after confirmation of receipt of payment. By accepting our terms and conditions confirms that the statutory 14 days right of withdrawal for internet purchases by EU residents will not be applicable to this product and the buyer waives his right of recall.
Virtavia B-47E Stratojet - FSX Steam Edition
The Boeing B-47 was the first swept-wing multi-engine bomber in service with the USAF. It was truly a quantum leap in aviation history, and is the forerunner of every jet aircraft in service today. As early as 1943, Boeing engineers had envisaged a jet bomber, but were unable to overcome issues with the straight wings of the day. However, Boeing aero-engineer George Schairer was in Germany and came across some secret wind-tunnel data on swept-wing jet airplanes. He sent the information back to the United States, where engineers then used the Boeing High-Speed Wind Tunnel to develop the XB-47, which featured swept-back wings. The B-47 broke a number of records and proved to be a great strategic deterrent during the Cold War era. The B-47E is an advanced version of the original XB-47, with much more powerful J-47 engines. A grand total of 2,032 of these aircraft were built, with the last one rolling out in 1956.
*** For FSX STEAM EDITION only ***
- ONE model and ONE livery.
- native FSX model includes bump-mapping, self-shadowing & reflective bloom.
- high-detail reflective bare-metal texture set (.psd source files provided for repainters)
- water injection thick black smoke effect on take-off (white on RATO model (DLC))
- detailed virtual cockpit with animations (stick, pedals, levers) - rear cockpit included
- many mousable switches in V-C (lights, starters, shutdowns etc)
- detailed and authentic 2D panel, xml gauges, fully mousable, with custom pop-ups for AP and radios
- pop-up Fuel Panel included, based on real B-47 fuel management panel. Gauges and switches work
- authentic flight model with checklist
- illustrated reference file with explanations of the various functions
- animated canopy and crew entry with ladder (shift-e)
- animated bomb bay doors and deflectors (uses spoiler command)
- simulated B-47 soundset included
*** B-47E Stratojet DLC (optional extra purchase) ***
The DLC adds two extra B-47E versions, one with aux. tanks, and with RATO bottles.
Each version has a unique flight model, longer range with the former and extra-rapid climb rate with the latter. Realistic white smoke effects are included with the RATO version.