Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
|Scale||:||1 : 72|
|Availability||:||only 2 remaining|
This product was added to our database on Tuesday 6 November 2012.
Category Scale Modelling, Subcategory Scale Modelling, Scale 1 : 72, ISBN/Box CMR72-234, Publisher/Brand Czechmaster, Version res
Blackburn Firebrand TF Mk.V / Mk.5 / Mk.5a. The Blackburn Firebrand was a single-engine fighter aircraft designed to Air Ministry Specification N.11/40 by Blackburn Aircraft. Initially, it was designed around the Napier Sabre III in-line engine as a single-seat fighter for the Fleet Air Arm, but later during the WWII its role was altered to torpedo-bomber and the powerplant was changed to accommodate the Centaurus radial engine. Following the Mk.I/II/III variants the next development was designated the Firebrand TF Mk.IV (B-46), fitted with larger tail surfaces, horn-balanced rudder and wing dive brakes. The TF.IV first flew in May 1945 and was the first version of the Firebrand to enter mass production, with 102 aircraft built. The ultimate Firebrand TF.V featured minor aerodynamic improvements and was also built in large numbers, with 68 entering service. A further 40 TF.IVs were converted to the TF.5 standard. The Firebrands remained in front-line service with the FAA squadrons aboard the Royal Navy carriers until 1953.
Colour schemes included in the kit:
1) Firebrand TF Mk.IV, EK692 (Modified to Mk.V Spec.), RAE 'Catapult Launching' Trials, HMS Illustrious, October/November 1946
2) Firebrand TF Mk.V, EK747/T, 'Firebrand 5 Service Trials', NASDWU, 703 NAS, RNAS Lee-on-Solent, July 1947
3) Firebrand TF Mk.5, EK747/110-C, 813 NAS, RNAS Lee-on-Solent, July 1949
4) Firebrand TF Mk.5, EK748, 703 NAS, Thorney Island, September 1948
5) Firebrand TF Mk.5, EK748, 703 NAS, Thorney Island, December 1948
6) Firebrand TF Mk.5, EK765/123-C, 813 NAS, HMS Implacable, February 1949
7) Firebrand TF Mk.V, EK766/121-FD, 813 NAS, 'Deck Trials', HMS Implacable, Firth of Forth, Scotland, 24 November 1947
8) Firebrand TF Mk.V, EK767/LP033, 'Firebrand 5 Service Trials', NASDWU, 703 NAS, RNAS Lee-on-Solent, August 1947
9) Firebrand TF Mk.5, EK773/183-CW, 738 NAS, Naval Air Fighter School, RNAS Culdrose, at RAF North Front, Gibraltar, July 1950
10) Firebrand TF Mk.5, EK780/121-FD, 827 NAS, RNAS Ford, 1951
This full resin kit contains 89 parts, including various external stores, vacu canopy (a spare set is included for modeller's convenience), two clear parts and two photo-etched frets (one coloured one). The decal sheet also includes a full set of stencils, for which placement on the kit a detailed diagram is included in the highly-detailed instruction leaflet.