Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
|Category||:||Aircraft Scale Modelling|
|Subcategory||:||Airliner Modelling kits|
|Scale||:||1 : 72|
|Availability||:||Temporarily Out of Stock.|
Click here to be notified when this product becomes available again
This product was added to our database on Thursday 4 february 2016.
Mind: this is a modelling kit.
Category Aircraft Scale Modelling, Subcategory Airliner Modelling kits, Scale 1 : 72, ISBN/Box 04877, Publisher/Brand Classic Plane
Special edition of the Revell kit with extra decals for a TWA plane (N45346)
The original decals are also still included
The legendary C-54 was used for intercontinental transport operations and set numerous records. She was the first mass produced four-engine aircraft to make trans-atlantic crossings. The Douglas Aircraft Company began development of the DC-4 passenger aircraft in 1938. This was changed to become the C-54 long-range military transport aircraft after the United States entered the war in 1942. A total of 1,160 C-54 aircraft have been built. First flights across the Pacific to resupply troops fighting against the Japanese and repatriate the wounded began in 1942. Numerous modifications and special versions made the C-54 one of the most versatile of all military aircraft. Amongst other missions it also served as the President's airplane.
The C-54 achieved special recognition during the Berlin Airlift when it became known as the Candy Bomber . It was used to completely resupply the three Western Sectors of the city during 1948 -1949
- New Mould
- Finely structured surfaces, recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel
- Detailed seats
- Detailed radio room with equipment
- Cargo hold door can be built in the open or closed position
- Inner bulkheads
- Complete set of interior seating
- Rest cabin with bunks
- Cargo hold floor with fine details
- Separate landing flaps
- Detailed interior fuselage walls
- Detailed forward undercarriage
- Separate ailerons
- Detailed tail-unit
- Detailed main under-carriage, 3 different wheel rims
- Rotating propellers
- Detailed twin radial engines with exhaust manifolds
- Any antennae
- Detailed nose area, 2 nose variants
Authentic decal set for following versions:
- Douglas C-54 Skymaster, USAF, 1949
- Douglas C-54 Skymaster, USAF, Airlift Berlin, Wiesbaden AB, Winter 1948 - 1949
Your shopping cart is empty.