Hold & Store service ©
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
Douglas C54D Skymaster (Trans World Airlines)
This product was added to our database on Thursday 4 february 2016.
Your reliable Aircraft Modelling Source since 1989
Mind: this is a modelling kit.
Special edition of the Revell kit with extra decals for a TWA plane (N45346)
The original decals are also still included
The legendary C-54 was used for intercontinental transport operations and set numerous records. She was the first mass produced four-engine aircraft to make trans-atlantic crossings. The Douglas Aircraft Company began development of the DC-4 passenger aircraft in 1938. This was changed to become the C-54 long-range military transport aircraft after the United States entered the war in 1942. A total of 1,160 C-54 aircraft have been built. First flights across the Pacific to resupply troops fighting against the Japanese and repatriate the wounded began in 1942. Numerous modifications and special versions made the C-54 one of the most versatile of all military aircraft. Amongst other missions it also served as the President's airplane.
The C-54 achieved special recognition during the Berlin Airlift when it became known as the Candy Bomber . It was used to completely resupply the three Western Sectors of the city during 1948 -1949
- New Mould
- Finely structured surfaces, recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel
- Detailed seats
- Detailed radio room with equipment
- Cargo hold door can be built in the open or closed position
- Inner bulkheads
- Complete set of interior seating
- Rest cabin with bunks
- Cargo hold floor with fine details
- Separate landing flaps
- Detailed interior fuselage walls
- Detailed forward undercarriage
- Separate ailerons
- Detailed tail-unit
- Detailed main under-carriage, 3 different wheel rims
- Rotating propellers
- Detailed twin radial engines with exhaust manifolds
- Any antennae
- Detailed nose area, 2 nose variants
Authentic decal set for following versions:
- Douglas C-54 Skymaster, USAF, 1949
- Douglas C-54 Skymaster, USAF, Airlift Berlin, Wiesbaden AB, Winter 1948 - 1949
Your shopping cart is empty.
Shop near Amsterdam-Schiphol Airport. LOOK INSIDE !
When in the Netherlands,
visit our shop near
Click on the image below for
Fly in the B737NG Simulator
© 1989–2021 Luchtvaart Hobby Shop B.V.