Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore is happy to announce its Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
|Add to cart|
This product was added to our database on Wednesday 24 June 2015.
Category Aviation Books, Subcategory Canada, ISBN/Box 9782981155283, Publisher/Brand IMAVIATION, Author Marc-Andrï¿½ Valiquette, Format a4L, No. Pages 264, Version hb, Language English/French
Only pictures with informative text, 7 x 9 inches, landscape, hardcover, 96 pages. Printed and bound in Canada
439 Sabre-Toothed Tiger Squadron: Standing on guard for thee since 1941
A unique 264-page bilingual book including never-before published photos and documents recounting the history of 439 Sabre-Toothed Tiger Squadron.
This book describes:
· The squadron's beginning in Canada during World War II as the School of Army Co-operation and later No. 123 Army Co-operation Training Squadron to its operational fighter-bomber missions flying the Hawker Typhoon out of England and mainland Europe.
· The 1950s and early Â'60s period in its day fighter role flying the F-86 Sabre in Canada, England and France.
· The conversion to a Strike/Reconnaissance, Attack and Tactical Fighter Squadron with the CF-104 Starfighter in France and Germany from 1964 to 1984.
· The CF-18 Hornet frontline multi-role fighter era in Germany from 1985 to 1993.
· The unitÂ's mission at CFB Bagotville (QC) as a Combat Support Squadron since 1994 flying the CT-133 Silver Star, the CH-118 Iroquois and the CH-146 Griffon.
Forewords by General Tom Lawson, CanadaÂ's Chief of the Defence Staff; Colonel Joël Roy, 17 Wing Commander; and Major Jean-François Gauvin, 439 CS Sqn Commanding Officer.
Your shopping cart is empty.