Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
Author Marc-Andrï¿½ Valiquette
No. Pages 264
Version Hard cover
Category Aviation Books
Availability No longer available from us.
This product was added to our database on Wednesday 24 June 2015.
Your reliable Aviation Book Source since 1989
Only pictures with informative text, 7 x 9 inches, landscape, hardcover, 96 pages. Printed and bound in Canada
439 Sabre-Toothed Tiger Squadron: Standing on guard for thee since 1941
A unique 264-page bilingual book including never-before published photos and documents recounting the history of 439 Sabre-Toothed Tiger Squadron.
This book describes:
· The squadron's beginning in Canada during World War II as the School of Army Co-operation and later No. 123 Army Co-operation Training Squadron to its operational fighter-bomber missions flying the Hawker Typhoon out of England and mainland Europe.
· The 1950s and early Â'60s period in its day fighter role flying the F-86 Sabre in Canada, England and France.
· The conversion to a Strike/Reconnaissance, Attack and Tactical Fighter Squadron with the CF-104 Starfighter in France and Germany from 1964 to 1984.
· The CF-18 Hornet frontline multi-role fighter era in Germany from 1985 to 1993.
· The unitÂ's mission at CFB Bagotville (QC) as a Combat Support Squadron since 1994 flying the CT-133 Silver Star, the CH-118 Iroquois and the CH-146 Griffon.
Forewords by General Tom Lawson, CanadaÂ's Chief of the Defence Staff; Colonel Joël Roy, 17 Wing Commander; and Major Jean-François Gauvin, 439 CS Sqn Commanding Officer.