|Fr||22-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Sa||23-01||Open 10-14 hrs|
|Mo||25-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Tu||26-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|We||27-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Th||28-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Fr||29-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Sa||30-01||Open 10-14 hrs|
Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
|Scale||:||1 : 144|
This product was added to our database on Wednesday 4 September 2019.
Category Scale Modelling, Subcategory Scale Modelling, Scale 1 : 144, ISBN/Box MKM14486, Publisher/Brand Mark1, Version injection
The Hawker Siddeley Harrier "Jump Jet? is a British V/STOL aeroplane developed in the 1960s. The initial version, the Harrier GR.1, was based on the pre-production P.1127 (RAF) fighter, of which a batch of 60 was ordered for the RAF in 1967. A similar model – designated Mk.50, with simplified navigational/attack system, was exported to the United States as the AV-8A, for use by the Marine Corps and a total of 102 aircraft were delivered during the early 1970s. Some 60 aircraft were upgraded as the AV-8Cs by mid 1980s.
The Harrier GR.1/AV-8 was a single-seat fixed-wing all-metal monoplane powered by a R-R Pegasus turbojet (US designation F402), used for ground-attack, close air support, reconnaissance and fighter roles. It was fitted with two air intakes and four vectoring nozzles for directing the thrust generated by the engine. It had a tandem undercarriage and two outrigger landing gear units. External store hard points were installed for carrying a variety of weapons and external fuel tanks: two under each wing and one under the fuselage, while two Aden cannon gun pods could also be fitted beneath the fuselage.
The Harrier was a very innovative aeroplane and the only truly successful V/STOL design of the many that arose during that period of time and it became the versatile warrior of the RAF.
The Harrier GR.1 is also known to have won the Daily Mail Transatlantic Air Race between London and New York in May 1969, commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the first transatlantic crossing.
Colour schemes included in the kit:
1) Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR Mk.1, XV741, White XV741, Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment (A&AEE), MoD/RAF, Boscombe Down Air Base, Wiltshire, U.K., flown by Flt.Lt. T. Lecky-Thompson during the Daily Mail Transatlantic Air Race, May 1969
2) Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR Mk.1, XV759, No.233 OCU (Operational Conversion Unit), RAF, Wittering Air Base, Cambridgeshire, U.K., 1971
3) AV-8A Harrier (Hawker Siddeley Harrier Mk.50), BuNo 158707/WH12, White 12/Black WH, VMA-542 (Marine Attack Squadron 542) 'Tigers', US Marine Corps, MCAS Cherry Point, North Carolina (detachment MCAS Yuma, Arizona), U.S.A., 1974
4) AV-8C Harrier (Hawker Siddeley Harrier Mk.50), BuNo 159374/KD14, White 14/KD, VMAT-203 (Marine Attack Training Squadron 203) 'Hawks', US Marine Corps, MCAS Cherry Point, North Carolina, U.S.A., mid-1980s
One injection-moulded kit is supplied in this box; it contains 54 parts and one clear part (the cockpit canopy). A comprehensive decal sheet is included
Colour schemes included in the kit:
1) Vickers-Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.XIV (Type 379), NH745, Sky EB-V, No.41 Sq., Royal Air Force, Eindhoven airfield (B-78), the Netherlands, March 1945
2) Vickers-Supermarine Spitfire FR Mk.XIV (Type 379), MV263, Sky GCK, No.125 Wing, Royal Air Force, Twente airfield (B-106), the Netherlands, April 1945
3) Vickers-Supermarine Spitfire FR Mk.XIVE (Type 379), NH895, Sky NI-K, No.451 Sq., Royal Australian Air Force, British Air Forces of Occupation (BAFO), Wunstorf Air Base, Germany, late 1945
4) Vickers-Supermarine Spitfire FR Mk.XIV (Type 379), SG-46 (ex-RM625), Black UR-G, No.2 Sq. (2ème Esc.), Belgian Air Force (l'Aéronautique Militaire Belge), Florennes Air Base, autumn 1948
Two injection-moulded kits are supplied in this box and each kit contains 31 parts and one clear part (the cockpit canopy). A comprehensive decal sheet is included.