|Sa||23-01||Open 10-14 hrs|
|Mo||25-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Tu||26-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|We||27-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Th||28-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Fr||29-01||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Sa||30-01||Open 10-14 hrs|
Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
|Availability||:||only 1 remaining|
This product was added to our database on Tuesday 4 August 2015.
Category Pilot Shop, Subcategory Logbooks, ISBN/Box LEATHER-BL, Publisher/Brand Leather Logbooks, Version leather bound
For most pilots their logbook is more than just a record of flight time. Beyond its use to meet regulatory commitments a pilot's logbook is a diary of flights and memories. It reflects an individual pilots achievements, adventures and history. Whether a professional or a recreational pilot it is the logbook that stores those precious moments. From the first flight through the first solo to the private licence to that first really long trip and, perhaps, to that first type rating on a large jet, the logbook documents a pilots career and milestones.
So why is it so difficult to find a good, high quality logbook? Why is there not a logbook on the market today that combines a crisp, professional layout with high quality paper and bound in extremely high quality leather?
There is now.
Most logbook are bound from cloth over cardboard or from PATENT or GENUINE PATENT leather. In fact, those GENUINE PATENT leathers are simply extremely thin 'paper' leather glued onto cardboard.
This logbook is bound from true leather by a bookbinder trained in the English traditions of bookbinding. It is SMYTH SEWN and stitched to last, literally, centuries. The spine will not crack, the cover will not twist and the pages will not pull out.
Printed on 80lb Williamsburg Offset white paper ink will not run and will not show through to the opposite side. Acid free, the paper is designed to last as long as the book itself.
LAYOUT & DESIGN
The log pages were designed to keep the tradition logging information but to provide more flexibility. Our log has the customary Date, Aircraft, Pilots, Route and Remarks sections. The first change you will notice is the removal of many of the columns that were useful only for specific flight (i.e.instructor, cross country, float). The Single Engine, Multi Engine and Instrument columns are all still there, however, the last 5 columns are now blank. They allow the pilot to log what is important to him: crosscountry, float, turbine, jet, over 12500, landing/takeoffs, miles flown -the list is endless.
This logbook also has pages for logging aircraft flown, type ratings, recency and profiency requirements as well as having a 10 year summery section.
• Hand bound in three different quality leathers (aviation, antique brown and black). It is NOT patent leather or other simulated leather, but true leather, which is obvious in its look, feel and smell. The aviation and brown leather logbooks are styled to look like the logbooks dating back to the early days of aviation. While the black leather logbook is a standard modern logbook. Every other logbook on the market today is made of synthetic or 'patent leather'.
• Printed on high quality, acid free, 80 pound Williamsburg Offset paper which eliminates bleed through and will prevent fading.
• The log pages themselves are designed for maximum flexibility. The last 5 columns are blank allowing the private or professional pilot to choose additional information that he/she would or is required to log. Therefore, it meets FAA and European JAR requirements.
• Sections include a 10 year summary, type check summary, recency summary and a types flown record.
• At 288 pages, it is over 1 inch thick and provides 20 entries per page.
• Smyth sewn so the pages will not tear out, the spine will not crack and the cover will not twist.
• Designed and made to last a lifetime