Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
|Scale||:||1 : 350|
|Availability||:||only 1 remaining|
This product was added to our database on Thursday 9 May 2019.
Category Scale Modelling, Subcategory Scale Modelling, Scale 1 : 350, ISBN/Box tr64002, Publisher/Brand Trumpeter
Launched by the US navy in 1999, the U.S.S. Iwo Jima (LHD-7) is the last ship of the new class of multipurpose amphibious assault ships. These ships, relaying the old Tarawa Class, can carry up to 40 helicopters and V/STOL (vertical/short takeoff and landing) aircraft as well as up to 1.894 marines. Furthermore, this "floating dock" arries several landing crafts to bring vehicles and personal to the landing beach. The main mission of these units is supporting the landing operations of the US Navy. But they can also be used for humanitarian or rescue operations. The U.S.S. Iwo Jima is fitted with a continuous, 257.2 m long, flight deck. Maximum speed 20 knots. Crew: 104 officers and 1.004 enlisted. Her medical facilities are capable of providing intensive medical assistance to 600 casualties, in four main and two emergency operating rooms. The U.S.S. Iwo Jima model is composed of 1.449 parts ensuring a top quality reproduction. Photo etched components are included for the railings and for the radar equipment. The flight deck, in one piece, is a perfect fit to the hull. The vehicle hold, the aircraft hangar and the docking area are superbly represented. M1A1 and M60 tanks, some AAV7, HMMWV and lorries are provided to load the Landing Craft - Air Cushion (LCAC) hovercraft and the landing barges (LCU) included in the kit. Following aircraft or helicopters are included: AH-1W Super Cobra, CH-53E Sea Stallion, CH-46 Sea Knight, AV-8B Harrier II and MV-22A Osprey. Included are two lateral lifts, to fit in any position, to bring them to the flight deck. The highly detailed superstructures include radar and electronic equipments fitted on two masts. The well detailed armament includes RIM-7 Sea Sparrow, RIM-116 RAM, Phalanx CIWS and several cannons and machine-guns. The decal sheet includes various details for the ship, the aircraft and the helicopters as well as for the landing barges.
- Photo etched parts for the railing and the radar antennas
- Hull in one single part, with many details
- Detailed reproduction of the propellers and the propeller shafts
- Flight deck in one single piece, with many graved-on details
- Super detailed masts and radar equipments
- Detailed bow with various armaments
- Floating dock to be built open or closed
- Detailed aviation hangar and vehicle hold
- Armaments: RIM-7 Sea Sparrow; RIM-116 RAM; Phalanx CIWS
- 2 lateral lifts, can be installed in any position
- 2 LCU landing barges
- 2 LCAC hovercrafts
- 4 CH-53E Sea Stallion helicopters
- 2 AH-1W Super Cobra helicopters
- 4 CH-46 Sea Knight helicopters
- 2 vertical/short takeoff and landing AV-8B Harrier II aircraft
- 4 vertical/short takeoff and landing MV-22A Osprey aircraft
- Several vehicles 2 M1A1 Abrams; 2 M60; 2 AAV7; 2 wheeled armoured vehicles; 2 canons; 4 HMMWV; 2 lorries
- Assistance vehicles on the flight deck
- Display cradle with ship's name
- Decal sheet for the ship, the aircraft and the landing barges
Formerly marketed under the Merit/MRC Brand