|Sa||05-12||Open 10-17 hrs|
|Th||24-12||Open 10-16 hrs|
|Th||31-12||Open 10-16 hrs|
Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
|Category||:||Books on aviation|
|Availability||:||only 1 remaining|
This product was added to our database on Friday 12 March 2004.
Category Books on aviation, Subcategory Preservation,Vintage,Musea,W&R, ISBN/Box 1857801431, Publisher/Brand Midland Counties, Author Coggan Paul, Format a4, No. Pages 128, Version Soft cover, Language English
This book examines several aspects of warbirds consistently voted ‘Top’ by visitors to a vintage aviation website. Each aircraft receives the following coverage.
• Condensed civil and military history of each of the 25 air frames being covered as sidebars
• Statistics on the survivors – how many exist, how many are flyable etc. to put the rarity of each type covered into perspective.
• Extensive colour photographic coverage of the aircraft, both internal and external, including restoration photographs and air-to-air shots where possible.
• First-hand accounts from the restorers based on a set of basic questions so that readers can judge for themselves how complex each restoration was, and compare each project. This will include details of how the airframe and engines were restored and how difficult it was to undertake particular facets of the restoration process
• There will also be a section covering the origins of the warbird movement: from the huge post-war scrap yards to the latest recoveries of Yaks in Russia.