Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore is happy to announce its Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
Category Aircraft Scale Modelling, Subcategory Aircraft Scale Modelling, Scale 1 : 72, ISBN/Box 04295, Publisher/Brand Revell
Adaption of Revell's NEW Lancaster kit so not a reissue of the old one!!!
The Avro Lancaster was the most famous RAF heavy bomber of the 2nd World War andwent into service in 1942. More than 7,300 of these machines were built for RAF Bomber Command. One of the most important RAF targets was the destruction of theRuhr dams that supplied important industrial installations with power. In order to accurately attack such robust targets as dams or barrages a rotating bomb wasdeveloped which was better known as the "bouncing bomb". For this attack a special new unit was set up, 617 Squadron under the command of Wing Commander Guy Gibson. Code-named "Operation Chastise" this raid took place with 19 Lancaster bombers on the night of 16th to 17th May 1943. The first two dams - Möhne and Eder - were successfully destroyed, whereas the other two - Ennepe andSorpe withstood the attack.
- Middle section of fuselage to take the special bombs
- Detailed bouncing bomb with rack
- Surface details with recessed panel lines
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel and side panels
- Places for navigator and radio operator
- 2 rotating MG turrets
- Glazed canopy with different versions
- Detailed Merlin engine
- Main undercarriage bay with separate side struts
- Detailed main undercarriage
- Movable propeller
- 2 different propeller blades
- Decals for 2 RAF versions
Your shopping cart is empty.