|Mo||06-04||Open 10-18 hrs|
|Tu||07-04||Open 10-18 hrs|
|We||08-04||Open 10-18 hrs|
|Th||09-04||Open 10-18 hrs|
|Fr||10-04||Open 10-18 hrs|
|Sa||11-04||Open 10-17 hrs|
Collect Megapoints for Megavouchers
Read the conditions...
Aviation Megastore offers unique Hold & Store service © for internet customers that wish to combine several individual orders to one single shipment, reducing the overall shipping cost significantly.
|Category||:||Aircraft Scale Modelling|
|Subcategory||:||Aircraft Scale Modelling|
|Scale||:||1 : 72|
|Availability||:||Temporarily Out of Stock.|
Click here to be notified when this product becomes available again
This product was added to our database on Friday 25 May 2012.
Category Aircraft Scale Modelling, Subcategory Aircraft Scale Modelling, Scale 1 : 72, ISBN/Box 04279, Publisher/Brand Revell
ALL NEW MOULD!!
The B-17 Flying Fortress is the best-known American bomber of World War II. Heavy losses in 1943, when a total of 120 bombers was shot down, lead to the conclusion that previous B-17 versions carried insufficient defensive armament. As a consequence, the front lower nose of the B-17G was equipped with a turret carrying two 12,7 mm machine guns, providing an effective defense against the feared frontal attacks. Simultaneously, supplementary gun positions were added to the fuselage sides. The crew now being able to defend itself in all directions resulted in a sense of safety, which was also reflected in its nickname "Flying Fortress". Although it was mainly used over Europe and the Near East, it also delivered invaluable services in the Pacific theatre while flying sea patrol, reconnaissance and bombing missions.
This model is from the famous Memphis Belle, the first bomber to survive 25 missions, and which was the subject of the famous Hollywood movie
- New model form
- Detailed surface structure with engraved panel lines
- Detailed cockpit with side consoles and instrument panel
- Separate seats
- Complete bomb bay with bomb racks
- 4 boms
- Rotating chin turret
- Bomb aiming equipment with seat in nose
- Detailed radio/navigation compartment with radio boxes
- Side windows options for machine guns
- Rotating ball turret;- Detailed upper machine gun turret
- Optional clear parts for front, cockpit and central upper machine gun positions
- 2 optional tail machine gun positions
- Separate tail fin
- Wings can be built with landing flaps lowered
- 4 detailed radial engines with exhaust gas ring
- Cooling gills ring can be built open or closed
- Turbosupercharger imitation
- Separate air intake ducts
- Separate elevator and rudder
- Detailed undercarriage
- Transfers for 2 USAAF versions: "Little Miss Mischief" and "Nine-O-Nine"
Release date 05/2012
No. of parts 235
Length 325 mm
Wingspan 440 mm
Skill Level 5